1. We need God to approach God.
2. Despite the number of times it’s said, no musician will ever lead anyone into God’s presence. Only Jesus can do that.
3. We should be more grateful than anxious as we prepare to lead. It’s about Jesus’ performance, not ours.
4. Our “worship” isn’t more acceptable to God because we hit all the right notes. The people we lead might appreciate it, but even our best playing and singing requires the death of Christ to make it worthy of God’s holiness.
5. Music makes us one for a moment. Jesus makes us one for eternity.
I ran across this site on http://ericblick.wordpress.
com/2012/11/15/fwd-from-my-wife-thoughts-about-worship-from-kauflin/ and if I could I’d like to suggest to you some helpful things or ideas. Perhaps you could write your next articles referring to these ideas. I want to read more stuff related to what you’re talking about.